Monday, July 28, 2014

Worst Mission Trip Ever by Allison Bolman

     Alright. Everyone else is going to sugar coat this because all of you paid a lot of money to get us here but I'm going to tell you the cold hard truth. There is so much physical activity on this trip. So much. I'm sure you all know that we climbed a MOUNTAIN the first full day we were here and today we threw bricks at each other for hours. Ridiculous. I mean, we did start to build the second floor of a building last year's team worked on, and we did have a lot of fun working together as a team, and true it was pretty cool seeing El Christo at the top of a mountain knowing I worked hard to get there instead of taking the lift up (seriously, why wasn't that an option?).

     Okay, so maybe the trip doesn't completely suck.

     Last night I got to share some things with the girls in my room and it was really cool knowing that I could trust them after only a few days together. This entire team is so amazing and I cannot imagine finishing the week without a single member of my new family.

      I'm leading worship while I'm here, which is simultaneously awesome and terrifying. But I couldn't have asked for a better setting than this beautiful country with these incredible team members who are so encouraging and joyful.

      I picked up so many bricks today, and I now look like Scarlett Johansson (okay, not really, but theres three more days of building so I've got time).

     Sure, I miss my family like crazy, (Mom-manicures as soon as I get home, these hands weren't made for building. Dad-Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog, lets watch it. Chad- lets watch that movie that everyone except our family has seen. Matthew-lets both eat food in the kitchen at the same time and say hi to each other and then nothing else. Derek-you're not reading this, hope your tour's going well.) but I'm having a fantastic time here regardless of all the energy I've exerted.

       So, maybe this mission trip is actually really great sort of alright.

-- Allison Bolman

No comments:

Post a Comment