Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Last Day Of Work : ( By Sarah Mendelson

So today was our last day of doing the building. Which was really sad for me because the past two years I've been on very heavy work trips, building a house. And the work has always been my favorite part of the trip. It was sad as well because that means the trip is almost over, and although it was a long trip, it has flown by and I know everyone here agrees with me. So we were trying to really make a dent on our build today because we aren't finishing it, and whatever work we don't do someone else has to. I think a lot of people are struggling with the fact that we aren't going to be here when the project is going to be finished, but we've all seen the compassion kids running around at the park nearby, so we know who it's for and we were able to finish building strong. And although we didn't get to finish it, Joe has promised us pictures of it when it is finished.







Today was also very rewarding in the sense that we had finished all the trench building, which all the guys were VERY excited about. As well as finished a fair amount of the walls for the first floor. It was rewarding for me personally because Ben Holman was walking around right as we were cleaning up oddsing every single person to see if they would go into the well to get some buckets we had lost getting water earlier in the week. I was feeling fairly adventurous and decided I didn't need odds, I would just go for it. So after taking off my shoes and socks, and rolling up my jeans, Matt and Ben lowered me into the well. It was just lower than my knees and then I walked to the back corner where I found not two, but THREE buckets. Then the two Ben's lifted me up and out. It was an experience I never could've experienced except here in Bolivia. Although the work part of the trip is over, I know God has great things in store the next two days for us, as well as the children we are going to be ministering to.

- Sarah Mendelson


Our building team

No comments:

Post a Comment