Monday, July 1, 2013

GOOOAAALLLL! By Sammie Rodriguez

Today we had a long, hard work day in Cochabamba, but I had so much fun! The girls laid bricks for the outer walls and the guys dug out holes to lay cement for foundation. I had a great time today especially because I got to deepen many relationships at the site. I did this with the girls I was laying bricks with by telling embarrassing stories and testimonies to liven up the mundane task.




With the Bolivian women and girls, I grew closer with them by talking in Spanish and connecting with them through God. I talked to some girls around my age that told me about their church and how they loved Hillsong, which I thought was so awesome. They invited us to their church on Friday to sing with them in worship and, although we are already doing something during that time, it was just a great blessing to see how God can bring people together who live across the world through music, language, and faith.




With the Bolivian men and boys, we connected through playing the best sport in the world: fútbol. After hours of worksite, we set out onto the soccer field: Bolivians vs. Americans. The Bolivians changed into their soccer shoes, shorts, and shirts and we set out onto the field. We put up a good fight, but we lost 4-2. I blame the altitude, but we're talking about a rematch hopefully tomorrow!



We are having worship and listening to each other's testimonies each night and it's so encouraging. The fellowship with all these students and leaders here is such a blessing. I can feel and see God working in all of our hearts every day and His love is shining through all of us as we push to serve the Bolivians and each other. This trip is going amazing.


I love and miss you Mommy and Papa! I'll see ya soon.

- Sammie Rodriguez


No comments:

Post a Comment