Friday, August 1, 2014

Building Complete! by Ally Lee

Today was our last day of building. By this time we were all quite tired of laying brick; however, it was all worthwhile knowing that the Bolivians would be using the space between the walls as a church for the neighborhood residents to attend. where the church would meet before was a small yard, now more people can be drawn to God.





After building for the week was finished several of us play futbol with the Bolivians. Then gathered around for a circle of prayer and thank you's. During this time I was brought back to last year's circle and how next year I will just be a past circle.


This country has taken hold of my heart in the last year and this was the beginning of the good-byes. Even the children could sense it after the gathering we walked back to the bus and I was swarmed with hugs of children asking if I would see them again.


Hello Aunty, Adam, and Dad. I want to let you all know I miss you and to Adam I cannot explain how proud I am of you for your completion of Teen Challenge. I wish you the best in Guatemala and hope you experience a new world and love on those children.

Yours Truly,
Ally Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment